Tuesday 24 November 2009

The beach of wonders/ La playa de las maravillas (Lena V.Verona)


Accidentally I discovered the lighthouse. I was spending a short holiday in Galicia when I found the wonderland beach. Well, that's how I called to that long stretch of sand beige and black rope stretched between two rugged Galician coastlines. That landscape had a special charm. Their skylight involved a different way of perceiving the world. I immediately knew that this place was I had been dreaming of for my secret project.



Emotion overwhelmed me. I went to the lighthouse, located on the edge of a small piece full of rocks that jutted mussels in a dark green sea waves challenged to play with her. The old lighthouse seemed abandoned. Not with some trepidation I entered the interior. A small circular room showed a disturbing spiral staircase. I walked up the steps of the same with bated breath. I reached the top of the watchtower marina. There was a small room about twelve square meters. At the same noticed a rotten old wooden table and a single bed. There was also a pretty big window. I went to it and opened wide as he watched the show I was appalled.



That feeling was almost indescribable: a gust of humid air with a strong acrid smell hit me face. Outside, huge waves were breaking on rough mounds of white foam on the bottom of the ancient lighthouse. The afternoon and went down, and enormous white and gray seagulls flying in circles around the tower upright. In a nearby village, I learned that the lighthouse could rent. Immediately I decided to spend some time there. I needed some fresh air for my soul, something like a spiritual rebirth. He wanted to find myself. That was a unique opportunity and I would not waste it.



After a few months I back to the lighthouse to stay a while in it. The old tower Navy christened as the "Litghthouse of reality." Why I chose that name? Well, I could have known otherwise, but I liked it. I enjoyed watching reality from the lighthouse, meditating on the sacred nature of it. I spent some months in the lighthouse alone. Almost cut off from the rest of the world, the experience of living a sensory adventure, promised to be very suggestive.


I arrived at the lighthouse on a rainy day and something fresh. The sky, gray color, covered the whole beach. It was the first week of September and blew a salt-laden breeze. I brought with me a suitcase with the essentials for survival: a suitcase, some essential books, some clothes and a laptop. Once a fortnight I would approach the town to buy supplies. From the top of the lighthouse depth Atlantic landscape was almost infinite. Gulls and other sea birds are hovering in search of food.


I took it all in stride. In fact I not even checked the hours on my watch. Let time and the adventure would take me on his way random. The first day I was tinkering with an old play of my youth, entitled "Like a ritual." I wanted to reread it after so many years. He also spent some time to enhance an amazing story about the demise of my dear friend Hilari Roure.


Later I began to ponder the meaning of reality. I recalled my philosophy classes in college and mentally reviewed what the scholars had written about the perception of the world. It was touching to see the reality from my privileged vantage point. I also wrote several short stories to which I called "Disconnected snippets". Some dark nights, watching the endless horizon of the sea, smelling of salt and seafood, I speculated on topics certainly reaches of the human soul. Why neurons have such mysterious actions? The pyramid is also called a lesser extent other interneurons? How strange we are formed human clay? Why is there good and evil in the land he asked the sea? And he answered me with their silent melody of deep wisdom.

I think that loneliness was obstructing the senses ... a temporary sense death? Maybe ... It seems that the intense meditation practiced by certain doctrines Orientalists leads the individual to a state of grace almost cathartic, reaching the most sublime of the highlights. But what neurons have to do with evil? I read recently the theories of a monk of a strange sect who said that as the brain structure of men fall into two categories: good and bad.









Descubrí el faro por casualidad. Estaba pasando unas cortas vacaciones en Galicia cuando encontré la playa de las maravillas. Bien, así es como yo denominé a aquella larga extensión de arena de color ocre y negro que se extendía entre dos cabos abruptos del litoral gallego. Aquel paisaje tenía un encanto especial. Su luz cenital suponía una forma diferente de percibir el mundo. Inmediatamente supe que aquel paraje era el que había estado soñando en secreto para mi proyecto.


La emoción me embargaba. Me dirigí al faro, situado en el extremo de una pequeña lengua de rocas colmadas de mejillones que se adentraba en un mar verde oscuro que retaba a las olas a jugar con ella. Aquel viejo faro parecía abandonado. No con cierto temor penetré en el interior del mismo. Una pequeña habitación circular mostraba una inquietante escalera de caracol. Subí por los peldaños de la misma con la respiración contenida. Llegué a lo más alto de la atalaya marina. Había una pequeña habitación de unos doce metros cuadrados. En la misma observé una vieja mesa de madera carcomida y una cama individual. Había también una ventana bastante grande. Me acerqué a la misma y la abrí de par en par mientras observaba el espectáculo. Me quedé sobrecogida. Aquella sensación era casi indescriptible: unas ráfagas de aire húmedo con un fuerte olor acre me golpearon el rostro. Afuera se veían enormes olas encrespadas que rompían en montones de espuma blanca sobre la parte inferior del vetusto faro. La tarde ya declinaba y unas enormes gaviotas blancas y grises volaban en círculos concéntricos alrededor de la enhiesta torre.

En un pueblecito cercano me enteré de que el faro se podía alquilar. Inmediatamente tomé la decisión de pasar allí una temporada. Necesitaba un poco de aire fresco para mi alma, algo así como un renacimiento espiritual. Deseaba encontrarme conmigo misma. Aquella era una oportunidad única y no querría desperdiciarla.

Al cabo de unos meses regresé al faro para quedarme una temporada en el mismo. A la vieja torre marina la bauticé como el “faro de la realidad”. ¿Por qué escogí ese nombre? Bien, le podía haber denominado de cualquier otra forma, pero ésta me gustaba. Desde mi faro disfrutaba contemplando la realidad, meditando sobre la naturaleza sagrada de la misma. Pasé en el faro unos meses tranquilos. Casi incomunicada del resto del planeta, la experiencia de vivir una aventura sensorial, prometía ser muy sugestiva.

Arribé al faro un día lluvioso y algo fresco. El cielo, de color plomizo, cubría toda la playa. Era la primera semana de Septiembre y soplaba un vientecillo cargado de salitre. Traje conmigo una maleta con lo indispensable para sobrevivir. Un neceser, unos imprescindibles libros, algo de ropa, y un ordenador portátil. Una vez cada quince días me acercaría al pueblo para comprar provisiones.

Desde lo alto del faro la profundidad del paisaje atlántico era casi infinita. Las gaviotas y otros pájaros marinos revoloteaban en busca de comida.

Me lo tomé todo con calma. De hecho ni siquiera comprobaba las horas en mi reloj de pulsera. Dejé que el tiempo y la aventura me llevaran por su camino azaroso. Los primeros días estuve retocando una vieja obra de teatro de mi juventud, titulada “Como un rito”. Me apetecía releerla, después de tantos años. También dediqué cierto tiempo a la mejora de una narración sobre la desaparición sorprendente de mi querido amigo Hilari Roure.

Más adelante comencé a meditar sobre lo que significa la realidad. Recordaba mis clases de filosofía en la universidad y repasaba mentalmente lo que los sabios habían escrito sobre la percepción del mundo. Era conmovedor observar la realidad desde mi privilegiada atalaya. Escribí también varios relatos cortos a los que llamé “Retazos inconexos”. Algunas noches oscuras, mirando el horizonte infinito del mar, oliendo a sal y a marisco, especulé sobre temas ciertamente recónditos del alma humana. ¿Por qué las neuronas tienen acciones tan misteriosas? Las hay piramidales y también en menor cuantía otras llamadas interneuronas? ¿De qué extraño barro estamos formados los humanos? ¿Por qué existe el bien y el mal en la tierra le preguntaba al mar? Y éste me respondía con su silente melodía de sabiduría profunda.

Creo que la soledad me estaba obstruyendo los sentidos… ¿una muerte sensorial transitoria? Quizás…Parece que la meditación intensa practicada por ciertas doctrinas orientalistas lleva al individuo a un estado de gracia casi catártico, alcanzando la más sublime de las iluminaciones. Pero, ¿qué tienen que ver las neuronas con la maldad? Leí hace poco las teorías de un monje de una extraña secta que decía que según la estructura cerebral los hombres se clasifican en dos categorías: buenos y malos.















No comments:

Post a Comment